Monday, June 15, 2009

I am a frustrated crafter... well not really craft crafts but quilting, knitting, crocheting. My problem is I am a binge person.. I go on a quilting binge or a knitting binge and then put it all away until I get the urge again.

When we came home from our winter in California we were greeted with a flood in our bedroom. The big melt had happened and water ran into the carport and found a leak in the foundation and came into our lower level bedroom. It was a bit frustrating but the end result was a redecorated bedroom. My bedroom was my office and sewing room as well as sleeping room. After the room was all redone I decided I didn't want my sewing machine, fabric stash and UFO's in my bedroom. Ah, for those of you who are not quilters UFO's stands for Unfinished Objects which most quilters have plenty of! Anyhow, I had the bright idea to move all the quilting and sewing stuff up two levels to a bedroom that recently became the household guest room when grand daughter Alissa moved into an apartment in town close to the hospital. It was a great idea - the moving of the sewing stuff - but I just cannot get myself to go up there to sew!

So, now I am pondering bringing at least some of back down to my level... I may be more motivated to finish up some of those UFO's!

I love my uncluttered calm, serene bedroom but miss my sewing machine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment