Friday, June 26, 2009

So many things have been happening in our family this last while. Many of these are just everyday things... new babies, buying a first home, finding the love of your life, and anticipating future exciting possibilities. Because our family is close - both in proximity and relationally - we tend to get involved in the lives of each other... our kids and grandchildren share freely with us their hopes and dreams as well as their frustrations and fears. We are so blessed by these family members.

I love that they want us to be involved in their lives... I love it when they all come out just to sit in the hot tub... I love it when they come out to use our place to fix things, store things, ask advice about things.... I love it when they come to eat our food....I love the babies and the prospect of more and more babies to come... I love seeing them do well in their jobs.... I love it when they excel at school... I love to watch them sing and perform... I love when I get a little note on Facebook Chat saying, "Hi Grammy or Hey Granny"... I love that our Washington people come often for visits... I love that we spend time at our other home in VanZandt.. I love when the VZ people wander up the path to our little house on the hill... I love when Anya comes for her second or third breakfast... I love that they all love God!

Even though this all seems like a perfect picture of family life... we are not without problems and concerns. Son, Jim is still suffering pain as a result of a car accident almost two years ago, Son-in-law Barry is waiting for the okay to go back to work after a stroke a year ago, Janine would love to be pregnant but isn't, Elaine is still not fully recovered from Ruthann's birth in March, and I could go on... these are all things that are part of life.. Ups and downs of daily living.

So, I am reminded over and over again of the importance of praying for our family. I think that is the most important thing a parent and grandparent can do. So, that is what I am committing to do... pray for them all, love them all, support and encourage them all, and have fun doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment